Excel Data Analysis for Human Resources Professionals
This course is designed to give you a comprehensive grip on Excel with a strong focus on HR related tasks. Learn Excel as a savvy tool for enabling quantitative and research skills. Get perceptiveness and insight into data for effective decision making.
Often, HR data is either hand-generated or downloaded from an HRIS system. Gleaning action-ready information from a large dataset could be overwhelming for many users. This course focuses on several Excel tools, including PivotTables, to analyze HR Data and create complex, well formatted reports in an effortless manner. You will be able to perform many analytical tasks with ease, speed and a great level of confidence. As well, create a dynamic HR dashboard to display and analyze key indicators.
(Pre-approved by CPHR-BC & Yukon, CPHR-Alberta and CPHR-Manitoba for 6.5 CPD hours)
Prerequisites: Successful completion of our Formulas and Functions for HR course OR must have some experience of working with Excel formulas and functions. Proficiency in Windows environment with excellent mouse skills.
Software Version: Microsoft Excel 2013/2016/2019/O365
Course Duration: One Day
Class Times-1: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific Time (Vancouver)
Class Times-2: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Eastern Time (Toronto)
Course Pace and Style: Medium-to-Fast; Hands-on, Intensive, Interactive
Course Delivery Format: OnLine and In-Person
(In-Person training is currently not available due to COVID-19 pandemic)
Course Outline Download: Excel Data Analysis for HR
Cancellation & Date Change Policy: Cancellation Policy
Technical Requirements for Taking OnLine Courses: OnLine Tech Requirements
Course Pre-approved for 6.5 CPD hours by CPHR-BC & Yukon.
Course Pre-approved for 6.5 CPD hours by CPHR-Alberta.
Course Pre-approved for 6.5 CPD hours by CPHR-Manitoba.
What is covered in the course?
- Excel as a List Database. A typical download from an HRIS system.
- Advantages of formatting HR Data as Excel Table
- Filtering HR Data with multiple options including colour
- Employing Multi-Level and Horizontal Sort for analysis.
- Summarizing HR data with Subtotal functionality
- Creating a Custom List for a special Custom Sort
- Extracting information from HR database using a complex query (Advanced Filter)
- Forecasting and trend analysis for workforce planning using Excel Trendline
- Analysis of training budget data visually using- Sparklines
- Employing Data Validation rules to reduce errors and frauds
- Importing Data into Excel from other sources.
- Using the TRIM Function to cleanup HR database
- Using Conditional Formatting to monitor data for compliance
- Using Advanced Conditional Formatting to highlight and isolate specific data rows
- Using PivotTable to track and summarize key indicators, metrics and financial data.
- Creating a PivotTable Report from scratch
- PivotTable – Drilling down to View Details
- PivotTable – Creating a Calculated Field
- PivotTable – Displaying Percentage of Column/Parent Totals and Ranking
- PivotTable – Grouping Numeric and Date values
- PivotTable – Creating a Pivot Chart
- PivotTable – Formatting Reports
- PivotTable – Creating Filter Page Reports
- Creating a Dynamic HR Dashboard